Friday, April 25, 2008

Design with Passion.

First and foremost, I live and breathe design.

This is word for word what I was told earlier today in a meeting, "...You can't put feeling into your designs, you simply don't need it." I was told not to put feeling into my work; basically don't give a shit. That is probably the dumbest thing to ever say to a designer. Don't put feeling into it. " You will get too emotionally attached."

Am I crazy but doesn't great design come from feeling/passion? If you don't give a shit about what your making, then why be a designer? Why fucking do it?! What's the fucking point?! If you're not supposed to put feeling into your work then I guess all the great painters of our time, just well wasted their time. Hey, Morrison, Joplin, Hendrix, you don't need to put any feeling behind what you do. My favorite part of all this, is that quote came from the president of the company.

- Stay Dazed -

No comments: